Home of the Truly Ergonomic Mouse - the HandShoe Mouse
We are determined to offer you the best ergonomic mouse in the world.
Did you know that one in six workers are suffering from some form of RSI or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, mostly related to intensive use of a traditional computer mouse?
The HandShoe Mouse has been developed by a Dutch medical university and has been tested in large organisations for almost two years. During these tests we saw many people who were suffering from RSI or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, coming back to work again.
The reason is that the unique and patented shape of the HandShoe Mouse fully supports your hand in the best relaxed position and prevents gripping and pinching, what you do when you use a standard mouse.
HandShoe Mouse Tips - User Instructions
Use of the HandShoe Mouse
To experience maximum benefit we advise as follows:
1. Sit as relaxed as possible and place your hand on the body of the mouse (1), so it acts like a saddle for the hand
2. The wrist should be well supported at the tail-end (2) while the fingers and thumb rest on the body of the mouse (3)
3. Finger tips may just very lightly touch the desktop
4. Move the HandShoe Mouse in general by means of moving the forearm (which must be supported on your desk and/or on the armrest of your chair.
5. To operate within minute areas on the screen, you may of course move from the wrist
6. Prevent holding the mouse like presented in picture 2 below.
7. When you hold the mouse like this, you will not at all experience the advantages of its ergonomic bio-design.
8. To move the mouse without moving the cursor, just roll it on its side and slide it over your desk.
Handshoe Mouse Weight Change Option
The HandShoe Mouse has been weight compensated to allow optimal relaxation for your muscles which are active when you move the mouse over the desk top.The optimal weight has been scientifically established.
To allow you to adapt the weight of the HandShoe Mouse, compensation weights can be removed. On the bottom of the mouse you will find the cover of the weight chamber (see picture). This cover can be removed and a number of platelets can be taken out.
Please be aware that the HandShoe Mouse has been provided with the optimal weight.
If preferred, however, you can reduce the weight if you think this more comfortable.
Handshoe Mouse Cursor Control
We advise not to lift the HandShoe Mouse when you want to move it without moving the cursor on the screen. The mouse has been given a specific weight to allow for optimal muscle action and thus minimal muscle exertion.
To move the mouse without moving the cursor, just roll it on its side by lightly pressing down with the little finger side of your hand and slide it over your desk.
When you have difficulties to control the cursor:
- Check the cursor speed under general mouse settings of your PC. The cursor speed should be set at an average speed i.e. in the middle (See second video on FAQ page)
- Check if any special mouse software is installed. If so, disable this software as it may hinder the correct operation of the HandshoeMouse.
Space needed for the HandShoe Mouse and Mouse pads
Although the Blue Ray Track models work on almost every surface without a mouse pad, you may still want to use a mouse pad if the surface of your desk top is not smooth or even rough. In that case we advise to use a mouse pad to reduce resistance when moving the mouse.
The Hippus mouse should slide comfortably over the surface and only needs a circular space of 21cm (8.5 inch), exactly like the Microthin solution below. So actually, the HandShoe Mouse only needs half an inch on both sides to cover the full screen movement:
|Small HandShoe Mouse||Large HandShoe Mouse|
HandShoe Mouse Wireless version and battery power
To prevent the battery to run down completely we advise to recharge the battery on a regular basis, for example once a week.
Please be aware that when the battery has run down completely it may take up to 20 minutes to re-charge the battery to a level where you can start working again. In that case it is possible that the communication between mouse and micro antenna needs to be re-established.
HandShoe Mouse Specifications
The user friendly HandShoe Mouse is an ergonomic mouse available in 3 standard sizes: Small, Medium and Large.
The HandShoe Mouse is plug and play; no special software drivers for Mac or PC are needed.
Controls consist of 2 buttons at an ergonomic position and a scroll wheel fitted with a switch mechanism.
The large size HandShoe Mouse has a third mouse button.
This mouse button is not programmable; it has the same function as the click function underneath the scroll wheel.
- USB 1.1 (compatible with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0)
- Separate USB connection on the HandShoeMouse
- Battery wireless version is charged with USB cable
- Two buttons at ergonomic position plus scroll wheel
- Fitted with switch (just pushing it performs scroll function too)
- Standard: optical 800 dpi; BlueRay Track: 1000 dpi
- BlueRay Track Light Click (LC): 1500 dpi
- Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, XP, Vista and Windows 7 and 8
- Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X
- Unix, Linux
|Operating System||iOS, Mac, Windows|
|Mouse Style||Curved, Ergonomic|
|Orientation||Right Hand, Left Hand|
|Interface Type||USB, Wired|
|Integrated Features||Scroll Wheel, Wrist Rest|