Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Ergonomic Mouse
Avoids forearm twisting for comfort and good health*
The patented shape supports your hand in an upright neutral posture that generally avoids forearm twisting. Many users, including medical doctors, ergonomists and physical therapists, said the Evoluent VerticalMouse provides superior comfort and even relieved their wrist pain.*
Comfortable and easy to use
The shape is thoughtfully sculpted for uncompromised comfort and easy-to-reach programmable buttons. No finger contortions are needed to operate the buttons.
Adjustable laser sensor
Pointer speed controls on the side allow convenient adjustment without even releasing your grip from the mouse.
Improved thumb rest
The thumb rest has been reshaped to provide even more comfort over earlier versions.
Pointer speed indicators
Top mounted LEDs show through the chrome thumb rest to indicate selected pointer speed including extra low (XL), low (LO), MD (medium), to high (HI).
Now two thumb buttons
A new bottom thumb button provides greatly extended functionality when used with the included driver.
Lighted Evoluent logo
The logo is pure eye candy. The illumination turns off when the system is in sleep mode to conserve notebook battery power.
Extended lip prevents rubbing
An extra wide lip along the bottom edge prevents the last finger from rubbing the desk.
Powerful and intuitive driver
Evoluent Mouse Manager for Windows provides extensive but easy to use functionality for 6 buttons through a simple and intuitive interface.
Approved mouse of University of California at Berkeley
The Evoluent VerticalMouse 2 (an earlier model identical in concept) was evaluated in 2007 by a team at the health services clinic in UC Berkeley, including medical doctors, physical therapists, ergonomists, and administrators. It was found to be comfortable, easily adapted to, and promote a neutral wrist and forearm posture. It was the only vertical type mouse approved for staff use within UC Berkeley and for sale in the campus store at that time.
- Includes driver for Windows XP, Vista and Win 7 in 32/64 bit for programming all 6 buttons. The driver is not required. The VerticalMouse 4 still has basic functionality without it.
- USB only; not compatible with PS2 adapters. May be compatible with some USB KVM switches but it is not guaranteed.
- Basic functionality in OS X or newer without a driver.
- Basic functionality without a driver.
- Compatibility unknown.
* The statements herein apply to some current or past users of Evoluent VerticalMouse, but since everyone is different, Evoluent makes no claim or representation that the Evoluent VerticalMouse will prevent, cure, or mitigate any medical condition, disease, injury, pain or discomfort for all users.
|Operating System||Linux, Mac, Windows|
|Mouse Style||Ergonomic, Vertical|
|Interface Type||USB, Wired|
|Integrated Features||Programmable Buttons, Scroll Wheel|